$15,000 in prizes added to Windows Phone Next App Star challenge. Speakers, Ultrabooks, and travel, oh my!Submitted by Administrator on Wed, 02/20/2013 - 7:18pm
As some of you may recall, not so long ago we announced a global contest* focused on helping your apps get more visibility with more customers via a featured placement of your app in a Windows Phone prime-time TV ad in the U.S. The contest is called Windows Phone Next App Star; it’s open to developers around the world and all it takes for you to participate is an email with your contact details and the name of your app (full details here).
We have been amazed by the response from developers all over the world who have already submitted thousands of apps. This phase of the contest ends on March 5 with the selection of the top 64 submitted apps, with each of the developers behind those applications being awarded a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone and the chance to compete for the TV spot.
Given the popularity of the contest and the quality of the apps we are seeing we’ve worked with some friends to add another $15,000 in prizes (bringing the total prize package to over $60,000) and including things like; Wireless Charging Pillows by Fatboy, JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speakers, Sony Vaio Touchscreen Ultrabooks and trips to a Microsoft developer conference to hang out with other talented devs. Each prize round is cumulative. If you keep winning head-to-head voting battles, you keep winning prizes. Here’s a summary of all you can win;
- ROUND ONE (64 apps) Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone, featured promotion in the Windows Phone Store, exposure for winning apps via online media, and a 1-year free subscription to the Windows Phone Dev Center
- ROUND TWO (32 apps) Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow by Fatboy (phone not included)
- ROUND THREE (16 apps) JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia and inclusion in theWindows Phone Next App Star Collection
- ROUND FOUR (8 apps) Sony Vaio Touchscreen Ultrabook
- ROUND FIVE (4 apps) App featured in an episode of Hot Apps on Microsoft Channel 9
- ROUND SIX (2 apps) Invited to participate in a Microsoft developer conference. Airfare, up to three nights’ hotel accommodations and conference fees will be paid by Microsoft
- GRAND PRIZE (1) In addition to the prizes listed above, one grand prize winner will receive the opportunity to have their app featured in a Windows Phone prime-time TV ad in the U.S.
All you have to do is registervia our email opt-in and make sure your apps are live by 11:59 p.m. PST on March 5, 2013 in order to be included in the competition.
From March 6 through March 12, apps will be judged based on consumer ratings and a professional assessment of app quality. The top 64 will move forward to the voting rounds. Make sure your apps are attractive and high-quality, so that they have a good chance at making the cut!
From March 19 through April 8, the field of 64 will be narrowed to 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, and finally the grand prize winner based on consumer voting. For the voting public, we’ll also be giving away a Lumia 920 every day during the voting period via sweepstakes to encourage people to check out your apps and vote.
What are you waiting for – register today to get visibility for your app and the opportunity to win great prizes. Good luck!
* Contest open only to students, hobbyists, or developers in the field of software technology 18+. Submission period ends 3/5/13 and public voting period ends 4/8/13. For details, see Official Rules.